Whenever I go on a serious diet, it’s always about the chicken.
In fact, grilling chicken is one of the treats of the summer, as you probably know. Well, now we’re going to discuss how to get the protein your body needs (in order for you to grow) without having to eat chicken all the time.
So here is a bunch of other options to add some variety to your weekly meal plan bear in mind that they are in no particular order.
- Eggs - You want to eat the entire egg, not just the white. In the past, it was believed that the yolk was a problem however; recent research has revealed that eating the yolk of the egg is actually beneficial and provides you with additional protein. In fact, it’s the most nutrient dense part of the egg. It provides you with a large quantity of minerals and vitamins in addition to making the egg taste that much better.
- Ground Turkey - Do you love chili? Then this extra lean meat is the ticket.
- Salmon - Have you heard about Omega 3 fatty acids? Well, not only do salmon contain a healthy does of them but it also contains plenty of protein.
- Protein Powder - Are you always running a little late or don’t have enough time to eat properly? Then give protein powders a try. They are great as an in between meal snack or as a meal replacement. Brands that contain both casein and whey protein are best. Try to consume a protein shake that contains casein protein and some carbohydrates within 30 min. after each workout. It’ll help your muscles grow faster.
- Shrimp - Are a great summer treat. You can quickly sauté them in extra virgin olive oil with some mixed vegetables and enjoy a healthy and high-protein meal.
- Pork -The value of this meat has been greatly underestimated. It’s just as lean as chicken when you purchase the right cut. The best is to go for "Boneless Chops" and cut away the fat around the edges.
- Chicken Or Turkey Sausage – Tastes just as good as "pork sausage" however, it contains some great protein without the high sodium and fat (I just had to slip in some chicken.)
- Bison or Buffalo - This is one of the greatest cuts of meat. High in protein and low in fat. One of the local Trader Joe’s carries Buffalo burgers. From on the grill and in minutes you have a delicious burger. It’s better than anything you’ve ever had before!